Annual Maintenance of Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
There is nothing quite as irritating as when something we depend on breaks down. Take the following maintenance-related quiz:
TRUE OR FALSE? The cost and inconvenience of most breakdowns can be avoided with proper maintenance.
TRUE OR FALSE? Every equipment manufacturer recommends annual maintenance to ensure proper operation.
TRUE OR FALSE? Every 10 minutes that your gas furnace runs, it unleashes the equivalent energy of 3.5 sticks of dynamite.
TRUE OR FALSE? If you drove your car for as many hours as a typical gas furnace runs, your car would have had enough time
to drive over 160,000 km.
All of the above statements are true, and this is why Rodman's Heating & Air Conditioning puts an emphasis on annual preventative maintenance. There is
nothing better for your heating and/or air conditioning system than annual maintenance. Annual maintenance allows your system to work at peak efficiency year
in and year out. A heating or air conditioning system that is maintained annually experiences considerably fewer breakdowns. You'll enjoy the peace of mind
in knowing that your system is saving you money on your utility bills every time it comes on. In some instances, the energy savings are enough to pay the
cost of the planned annual maintenance service.
Benefits of Annual Maintenance for
Your Gas Furnace or Air Conditioner
- Reduces cooling and heating costs – saving you money!
- Improves your heating and air conditioning equipment efficiency – get the most from your investment!
- Adds years to equipment life – peace of mind!
- Improves dependability of your gas furnace or air conditioner – comfort available when you want it!
- Protects your home – assures proper and safe equipment operation!
Our scheduled gas furnace maintenance entails the following:
- Check thermostat calibration – ensures proper heating cycles and maintains proper room air temperature
- Clean & adjust burner assembly – helps provide safe and efficient operation of your gas furnace
- Clean ignition assembly – helps operate furnace more efficiently
- Examine heat exchangers for damage & corrosion – ensures no carbon monoxide is present and operation of gas furnace is safe
- Monitor flue draft – ensures safe operation
- Test safety controls for safe operation
- Clean /Inspect air filters – ensures proper air flow and air quality
- Clean & adjust blower components – eliminates noise and vibration
- Measure for correct air flow – ensures proper air flow
- Tighten/inspect electrical connections – prevents the potential for future breakdowns of gas furnace
- Measure volts and amps – ensures safe operation
- Lubricate all moving parts – ensures longevity of components
- Checked condensate drains – helps reduce mold and algae, prevents damaging water leaks
- Measure temperature difference between supply and return air – maximizes warm and comfort and ensures proper operation
- Check & adjust gas pressure – helps reduce gas consumption while maximizing heating capacity
- Adjust pilot – helps gas furnace run more smoothly and efficiently
- Monitor heating cycle to prevent future breakdowns
Let us serve you by taking over your equipment's required maintenance. We service nearly every type and brand of heating and air conditioning equipment